Translate

Nov 28, 2008

Post Thanksgiving post


Well, another Thanksgiving has come and gone, and I believe we all enjoyed ourselves. Though it seems that when you spend 12 hours or so preparing a meal, it should take at least as long to consume it. Bit much to ask, I suppose. Hope everyone else's Thanksgiving was equally blessed.

It was hilarious when just after eating, all the males in our small company fell instantly into a doze, sitting upright, snoring their asses off. This is when I lament the loss of my digital camera the most. And, not having a non-permanent marker!

Now we head into the most fearsome time of year, the Christmas season. Somebody tell me when its all over!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've seen men snoring upright in their chairs but have never seen one snoring his ass off thank God.
One year my brother and I carefully taped paper to my Dad's glasses while he was in his turkey coma. When he woke up he couldn't see and fell off the couch. It was the best holiday ever!

Woozie said...

I don't see why it has to be a non-permanent marker.

Unknown said...

Leah, good prank on your Dad! We all lived in fear of our mother to play any pranks on my dad, or anyone else, either. But, around Christmas, my Mother really let her "inner-child" have reign.

Woozie, I say non-permanent marker because I can't run as fast as I used to.

Anonymous said...

Lol, markers and glasses. :D

We had a good laugh one year when my little son Dinky discovered that a plastic plate can stick to the end of his nose the way a spoon can. Other than that, we're not creative enough for pranks.

Glad to hear you had a nice holiday. I worked this year (yay, extra Xmas money) while my older son Bubba made dinner. He did a good job. It was just the three of us, so we have leftovers for days. Yum.

Unknown said...

Anne, we can all use extra money at Christmas. Bravo to Bubba for making dinner!

Spadoman said...

No nap for me this year, we went right into the pumpkin pie and the cheesecake! I stayed awake despite the terrible array of football games scheduled for the day.

Mary said...

Oh I did catch this on tape one time. Hard to hear the snoring over my daughter and I cracking up.

Anonymous said...

SpovaSimi [url=http://manatee-boating.org/members/Order-cheap-Buspar-online.aspx]Order cheap Buspar online[/url] [url=http://wiki.openqa.org/display/~buy-cytotec-without-no-prescription-online]Buy Cytotec without no prescription online[/url]