Translate

Nov 12, 2008

My Veteran's Day Post

I had a post prepared for Veterans Day, but lost it somewhere in a little application that comes with Firefox called ScribeFire. I saved it as a note, but don't know how to retrieve the note. But it went something like this.

God bless all those who have served and are serving our country. I remember my family members who have served, through World War II, the Viet Nam War, and Operation Iraqi Freedom. I miss my son everyday. Every moment of everyday. And that will never change. But God bless those he served with and all those who have served before him. He keeps good company in Arlington.









Those who choose to serve in our military do what the rest of us cannot. Let us never forget the sweat, the tears, and the blood they have shed in defense of our great country. They deserve our respect, our support, and our humility. I thank them, all who serve. May we as a nation always remember and venerate their sacrifice.

7 comments:

Mary said...

Couldn't say it myself any better.
But might I add bless their mothers too as that is one hard row to hoe.

No said...

Yes, God bless you, Deb.

enigma4ever said...

love your blog and this post....lovely to meet you ;-)

Unknown said...

Mary, You know how happy I am that your young son is home now. I know how hard it has been for you.

No, thank you, but our troops deserve more of a blessing than I ever will...

enigma4ever, thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

There's a whole new generation of war veterans to remember now. Along with all the other emotions your heart must be also full of pride for your son. xxx

Unknown said...

Leah, yes my heart is full of pride for Travis. But I have always been proud of Travis, always. It's funny, but when I would talk to my sons on the phone, I would always say "I love you, and I am proud of you" before I would hang up. It was a talisman for me. And it still is. I never hang up first.

Anonymous said...

Hi !.
You may , perhaps curious to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no initial capital needed You may begin to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
The firm incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with affiliates around the world.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your choice That`s what you really need!

I`m happy and lucky, I began to take up real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a proper partner utilizes your funds in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://veqovewir.lookseekpages.com/igafyz.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to get rid of nastiness of the life