Translate

Aug 22, 2009

It's been an amazingly crappy summer, thus far. I haven't really felt like writing about all the crap that has been happening. I had a young man arrested at my home, one who I thought was a friend, but wasn't. My son lost his job, but then got another one working for the same company. A good friend's young 7 year old son is Children's Hospital of the King's Daughters, (CHKD) here in Norfolk after suffering a brain aneurysm. My heart and prayers go out to them.


I lost my best friend, Judith Samples Collins, on August 13, 2009. She was my friend and neighbor, Roger's mother, and a wonderful, wonderful woman. The world is a little darker with her passing, and the heavens are little brighter. One day, if I ever get the urge to write in this thing again, I will tell you all about it. But right now, I don't see the point.


I haven't visited my favorite blogs in a good while and for that I am sorry.


The best news we have had all summer is that Amber is home, and still the same old Amber, just a bit weak, and missing a chunk of her skull. It is on ice until they re-attach it. This young woman has been through so much in her short life, it is unbelieveable. And yet, she laughs. She still finds joy and laughter in life. And that is a blessing.


Amber

4 comments:

Stephen R. said...

I'm keeping you and Amber in my thoughts and prayers. Much love.

yellowdoggranny said...

just lit a candle for you and Amber..chin up..tits out..


so sorry for the loss of your friend...

Mary said...

My summer has sucked too.
I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers lady. xo

Unknown said...

Missing you !