To all my readers, and casual "drop-ins", I wish you a very happy and romantic Valentines Day. I wish you kisses and candy, and Valentine cards galore. I, myself, will probably get rocks. HA!
Feb 10, 2008
Abilify is a medication I am taking to control my manic tendencies. It does this remarkably well. I no longer get super high, just stay at an even keel, so to speak. However, I do believe that it curbs my creative process somewhat.
Abilify, like Resperidol, and Seroquel, are anti-psychotic that are used in the treatment of schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. Of course they have side effects. All drugs have side effects, the biggest one being the benefits you receive from the drug.
However, it does nothing to relieve the symptoms I have when I think about my daughter-in-law and her hate filled emails. Well, perhaps it does. It doesn't tear me into little pieces anymore when I hear about how much she believes I am an asshole. Perhaps I am, or was, to some degree. I am not proud of the things in my past, but I feel it is time to move forward. There is nothing to be gained by living in the past, only recrimination and sadness.
Oh, I have done my bargaining with God. Let me go back twenty years, please, and I will do a better job. Useless, I know, but still the thoughts surface.
My daughter-in-law uses my grandchildren as a bargaining tool. I am not allowed to see them. She gave reasons, but they were vague and warrant no merit. She is without a doubt a hateful and spiteful person. She showed me emails my son had sent her, and they professed his deep love for her. Why this was supposed to hurt me, I have no idea. Of course he was supposed to love her. More than anything else in the world should be a man's love for his wife. But that does not mean he cannot love others. And Travis was full of love and compassion for his fellow man.
Does it hurt me, that she denies me the right to see my grandchildren? Yes, it does. Deeply and in ways I can't put words to. Is she right in keeping them from me, because of my wickedness? Well, first, she doesn't know me, or she would understand my wickedness now revolves around my addiction to Law and Order. I would meet her more than half way, but the rest of the way is closed to me.
The only thing that keeps me from hating this woman is knowing how much she grieves for my son. She is also an ardent supporter for our troops in Iraq. However, we split ways when she talks about our continued involvement in this hellish civil war, where we can gain nothing, and lose more good soldiers. She says she is professing Travis' beliefs, and perhaps that is so. There is nothing that says I have to agree with my son's politics. But I feel he may have changed his views with time. We have no way of knowing.
Thanks for listening. Keeping this bottled up serves me no good purpose and I would expose this woman for the heartless creature she is.
Feb 6, 2008
The bird is back. The crazy bird that pecked on the patio door has moved with me, and is now pecking on my living room window. Thump, pause, thump, pause, he can do this for hours without knocking himself out.
I figure he is seeing his reflection (again) and trying to destroy what he thinks is competition. Protective little bugger, ain't he? I must start buying cameras, or get another digital one, as I am without picture taking capabilities at present.
Super bowl Sunday passed and the Giants (drat it all) won! I lost $five dollars. Of course, I didn't see the end of the game. We watched it at my neighbors house, and when he drinks he becomes obnoxious, so a little after Tom Petty's wonderful half-time show, I left. So did everyone else. I have come to the conclusion that alcohol and friendship do not mix very well.
My new job is going well. My only problem is my back. I was diagnosed with degenerative spinal disease, which, as far as I can tell, means arthritis. I am thinking of taking glucosimine and chondrotin to see if it helps any. Any one who has had experience with this combination please share your story with me. I hate to go into pain management.
An old friend came in the store today. I said I had gotten old and fat, she said, no, I had just gotten fat. Its compliments like this that really make me feel like a million bucks. Not!
Birds are nesting, minnows are populating the streams, I feel like we are going to have an early spring. Or is it just wishful thinking? I hope so. I have flowers to plant, and decks to power wash. Today it was 75 degrees. Beautiful...
P.S. I got my broadband back. Yeah! Hurrah! Whoop-tee-doo!!
Feb 3, 2008
SUNDAY SCHOOL TEST
Kids were asked questions about the old and new testaments. The following statements about the Bible were written by children. (They have not been retouched nor corrected, all incorrect spelling has been left in).
1. In the first book of the bible, Guinness's. God got tired of creating the world so he took the sabbath off.
2. Adam and Eve were created from an Apple tree. Noah's wife was called Joan of Ark. Noah built an ark and the animals came on in pears.
3. Lot's wife was a pillar of salt during the day, but a ball of fire during the night.
4. The Jews were a proud people and throughout history they had trouble with unsympathetic Genitals.
5. Sampson was a strongman who let himself be led astray by a Jezebel like Delilah.
6. Samson slayed the Philistines with the axe of the Apostles.
7. Moses led the Jews to the Red sea where they made unleavened bread which is bread without any ingredients.
8. The Egyptians were all drowned in the dessert, Afterwards, Moses went up to Mount Cyanide to get the ten ammendments.
9. The first commandment was when Eve told Adam to eat the apple.
10. The seventh Commandment is thou shalt not admit adultery.
11. Moses died before he ever reached Canada .. Then Joshua led the Hebrews in the battle of Geritol.
12. The greates miricle in the bible is when Joshua told his son to stand still and he obeyed him.
13. David was a Hebrew king who was skilled at playing the liar. He fought the Finkelsteins, a race of people who lived in bibical times.
14.Solomon, one of David's sons, had 300 wives and 700 porcupines.
15. When Mary heard she was the mother of Jesus, she sang the Magna Carta.
16. When the three wise guys from the east side arrived, they found Jesus in the manager.
17. Jesus was born because Mary had an immaculate contraption.
18. St. John the blacksmith dumped water on his head.
19. Jesus enunciated the Golden Rule, which says to do unto others before they do one to you. He also explained, a man doth not live by sweat alone.
20. It was a miricle when Jesus rose from the dead and managed to get the tombstone off the entrance.
21. The people who followed the lord were called the 12 decibels.
22. The epistels were the wives of the apostals.
23. One of the oppossums was St. Matthew who was also a taximan.
24. St. Paul cavorted to Christianity, he preached holy acrimony, which is another name for marriage.
25.Christians have only one spouse. This is called monotony