Translate

Feb 6, 2008

Early Spring?

The bird is back. The crazy bird that pecked on the patio door has moved with me, and is now pecking on my living room window. Thump, pause, thump, pause, he can do this for hours without knocking himself out.
I figure he is seeing his reflection (again) and trying to destroy what he thinks is competition. Protective little bugger, ain't he? I must start buying cameras, or get another digital one, as I am without picture taking capabilities at present.

Super bowl Sunday passed and the Giants (drat it all) won! I lost $five dollars. Of course, I didn't see the end of the game. We watched it at my neighbors house, and when he drinks he becomes obnoxious, so a little after Tom Petty's wonderful half-time show, I left. So did everyone else. I have come to the conclusion that alcohol and friendship do not mix very well.

My new job is going well. My only problem is my back. I was diagnosed with degenerative spinal disease, which, as far as I can tell, means arthritis. I am thinking of taking glucosimine and chondrotin to see if it helps any. Any one who has had experience with this combination please share your story with me. I hate to go into pain management.

An old friend came in the store today. I said I had gotten old and fat, she said, no, I had just gotten fat. Its compliments like this that really make me feel like a million bucks. Not!



Birds are nesting, minnows are populating the streams, I feel like we are going to have an early spring. Or is it just wishful thinking? I hope so. I have flowers to plant, and decks to power wash. Today it was 75 degrees. Beautiful...



















P.S. I got my broadband back. Yeah! Hurrah! Whoop-tee-doo!!

10 comments:

Mary said...

75 freaking degrees?! Wow. I was thinking spring was coming early too and it was only 50 here. Man. 75. Break out the flip-flops.

dawn said...

when I worked at the pharmacy alot of people use the mix and it seems to work for them , theres no harm trying. you should ask the pharmacist about shark cartiledge. The last 4 minutes of the game was great. Giants Superbowl Champions!!!

alphonsedamoose said...

Heavy obnoxious drinkers are never pleasant to be around. You were smart to leave.
Spring is on the way. It is -13C here today.

Unknown said...

Mary, I started to wear flip-flops, honest.

Dawn, I will ask my pharmacist. I got a tiny crush on him anyway. HA!

Moose, Move to Virginia, bring the whole family, its warmer here, but damp and humid....

Anonymous said...

Where is my comment?

skinnylittleblonde said...

Love the pic of the birds! I thought the groundhog said we would get 6 more wks of winter, but like you...I am anxious for Spring. I'm tired of toting wood in after work every night! This may sound crazy, but I have one of my dogs on glucosomine & chondrotin & I can definitely tell a difference in his mobility. The pharmacist said to give it 30 days before expecting any signs of relief, but to be honest...it only took a week or so to start seeing a difference. Give it a shot. i hope it works for you, as it has for Smokie.

Unknown said...

I certainly hope there is an early Spring! This 60 degree weather one day followed by 30 degrees the next and tornados in between in driving me up a wall.

Unknown said...

Babzy, I don't know what happened to your comment. What did it say?

Unknown said...

Skinny, I have done my share of wood chopping and toting in the past. A lot of work involved there.

Nick, Always good to see you hear. I got my fingers crossed for an early spring. My daffodils are blooming!!

Anonymous said...

I said something about getting your last email but that I haven't decided whether to participate because it's kind of creepy. No offense. It reminds me of someone suddenly knocking on my door and I have to tiptoe to the peephole to see who's there then hide. Yes, crazy, I know. The shrink and I are starting to get to the bottom of why I am so socially withdrawn. It's a curse.